Thursday, February 2, 2012

Acceptance

"Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end." Psalm 119:33
"Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain." Psalm 119:36

I was reading Psalm 119. I liked verse 33 but verse 36 jumped out at me. I was wondering why this and why that. Why can my siblings work full time and I can't? Why do they have more money than me? I realize they are not disabled but I am. I need to accept my situtation and make the best of it. I can write. I can knit. I can walk. I have good friends and a loving family. Thinking about the things that I can do helps a lot. All of this will be meaningless someday for me. I am waitng for the day God smiles at me. So for now, I need to focus on my daily relationship with Jesus. I have money worries but God always provides. For example, last month, I missed a couple weeks of church and on the third week, I decided to tithe for the 3 weeks. That same week I had work and it was 5 times more than what I had given. I had enough to pay some unexpected bills. What an amazing God!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Uyen! And you share such a reassuring truth--God provides! I have experienced this same type of provision! God is awesome!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uyen, I have also found that to be true for me too! When I am faithful to God, he sends blessings.

    I'm so glad that happened to you.

    Hug!

    ReplyDelete